MTN Nigeria Communications Plc, Dangote Cement Plc, GTCO Plc, 55 others have paid their investors over N732.91 billion as dividend year-to-date (YTD).
This was disclosed by the Nigerian Exchange (NGX) in a statement issued on Monday.
According to the statement, 58 companies across ten sectors of quoted companies on The Exchange have paid out N732,915,168,509.29.
This is broken down as follows: financial services (21), consumer goods (7), industrial goods (6), oil & gas (5), healthcare (4), services (4), ICT (3), natural resources (2), construction/real estate (2), agriculture (2) and conglomerates (2).
It stated, “Overall, Dangote Cement has made the highest dividend payout, followed by MTN, GTCO, BUA Cement and Stanbic IBTC as top five highest dividend payment so far.”
Highlights of the dividend
- The financial sector has the highest number of companies paying dividends and value of dividends, with GTCO leading the pack at a payout valued at N79.46 billion.
- In the consumer goods sector, Nestle leads amongst the seven companies with a payout of N28.12 billion.
- Fidson leads the healthcare sector with a payout of N521.59 million.
- Total Nigeria takes the lead in oil & gas at N2.06 billion.
- UACN leads the conglomerates with N3.45 billion.
- In the industrial goods sector, Dangote Cement Plc is the leader with N272.65 billion.
- MTN Nigeria takes the stage in ICT with N92.61 billion, while Caverton takes the lead in services with N335.05 million;
- Okomu leads in the agriculture sector with N6.67 billion.