I have no ties to late Boko Haram leader, says Pantami

The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Ibrahim Pantami has debunked reports suggesting that that the Government of the United States of America (USA) has placed him on a ‘terror watch list’ for alleged ties with the late Boko Haram founder, Mohammed Yusuf.

Reacting, the minister said on the contrary, he had been preaching against Boko Haram for over 15 years by condemning the group’s doctrines and practices.

The Islamic scholar was alleged to have been a mentor to the founder of the militant Islamist group killed in 2009 in the North-East.

Yusuf’s death triggered a chain of violent activities, including era bombings, kidnappings and hostage-taking among others which have continuously led to massive death and destructions in the North-East to date.

Social media, especially Twitter, was awash Monday by the reports published by some news platforms.

It was however gathered that some of the leading platforms had since retracted the report and apologised in like manner to the minister.

In his reaction, the minister via his Twitter handle said: “My lectures against the doctrines and all other evil people have been available for over 15 years, including debates that endangered my life against many criminals in Nigeria.

“If you can’t understand Hausa, get an objective Hausa speaker to translate for you objectively.”

Read Previous

Nigeria is a scam built on bad foundation, says Adefarasin

Read Next

NBA threatens protest over JUSUN’s strike

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular