I have no plan to attack Alake of Egbaland, says Igboho

Popular Yoruba activist, Mr. Sunday (Igboho) has distanced himself from threat by some youths to attack the paramount ruler of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, Okukeni IV.

Igboho’s statement is coming on the heels of a viral video recording made recently by his spokesman, Mr. Olayomi Koiki who threatened to attack the monarch, saying the threat was coming from members of the Oduduwa agitators.

Koiki in the video had stated that his group would soon attack the monarch in his palace and other traditional rulers who do not support their agitation for an Oduduwa nation from the present Nigeria.

Speaking through his Senior Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Dapo Salami, the activist said the statement was made solely by Koiki.

Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, last week, warned that it was in the best interest of all Nigerians to remain one, regardless of the current challenges.

Oba Adedotun, a retired Brigadier-General, said Nigeria could not afford another civil war or absorb the huge number of Nigerians that could be displaced by any civil war.

Igboho’s Senior Adviser on Media and Publicity said: “Chief Sunday Igboho has nothing to do with this declaration by Koiki, though Koiki is Igboho’s spokesman but on this particular one, Chief is not in support.

“The Alake of Egbaland is a major leader in Yorubaland whom we honour and have so much reverence for. Igboho will never say he wants to go and invade his palace.

“Koiki came in from the United Kingdom so he does not understand some things. We are not for violence, we are not going to invade any Oba’s Palace. We respect them all, they are our fathers and we will never disrespect them.”

Read Previous

Ambode bags APC appointment

Read Next

Dubai’s deputy ruler, Al Maktoum dies at 75

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular